–Writen by Deputy Media Director at Indiana House of Representatives, Nicholas Goodwin–
Are you looking for an exciting and fast-paced internship opportunity? The Indiana House of Representatives Internship Program could be the perfect fit. The internship is a full-time position lasting from January through April – the duration of the legislative session. Interns work at least 7.5 hours a day, Monday-Friday, varying between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or later.
There are four different internships available with the Indiana House of Representatives on the Democratic and Republican staffs: member services, media, policy, and computer/technology.
Students from all majors are encouraged to apply because…
- It’s paid! Interns make $700 biweekly with the opportunity to earn a $3000 scholarship for undergraduate or graduate expenses.
- Course credit. Depending on your major, students can earn a full semester of credit while working at the Statehouse in Indianapolis.
- Great networking opportunity. Interning with the House of Representatives distinguishes students for future employment in either the public or private sector.
- Firsthand experience in the legislative process. Seeing bills become laws and working with lawmakers to craft Indiana’s biennial budget is history in the making for our state.
- A young, driven and fast-paced work environment. The House Internship Program is a challenging and rewarding experience for students looking to serve Indiana.
Completed applications must be received by October 31. While this is not a political internship, it is partisan, so please chose either the Democratic or Republican caucus when applying. Once we receive your application, we will contact you to set up an interview. Please visit our individual caucus websites for more information: www.in.gov/legislative/house_republicans/intern.html and http://indianahousedemocrats.org/intern.