Have you registered on myCCO or logged in since doing so? Not many students understand the full effect of resources available to them through myCCO. If you’re looking for a major, internship, job or just career development, the myCCO has something to help you on your way!
What is myCCO?
Upper-classmen may be familiar with this software under a different name: CCO Express. With the rebranding of the CCO, CCO Express has been renamed myCCO. myCCO is a tool that the Center for Career Opportunities at Purdue uses to connect students and alumni with recruiting companies on campus and to provide students with job search resources and tips.
How do I register?
Directions to register for your myCCO account can be found here.
How is myCCO helpful?
- Apply for internship/job opportunities recruiting or interviewing on campus and filter based on your major/year. These could be opportunities from a variety of companies including, but not limited to, the CCO’s 21st Century Partners .
- View Interview Stream, which is an interactive resource to help prepare you for interviews. For example, you can practice interviewing with your webcam and view yourself answering questions afterwards. Before you come into the main CCO office for a mock interview, we require that you have already used Interview Stream beforehand.
- View CCO announcements and calendars for all career fairs, workshops and info sessions for the entire semester.
- Create a personal and academic profile where you can upload your resume, cover letters and transcripts to use when applying for positions on the site.
- Explore your interests through the Career Explorer by specific careers or industries.
- Research and find contact information for employers. You can even save a list of your favorite companies or contacts.
- Network directly with recruiters who are looking for Purdue students through the “Networking” tab.
A few extra tips…
- Keep your information up-to-date… you never know who may be looking for someone like you!
- Log in at least once every six months. This keeps your profile active and readily available for CCO counselors to view and see if you’re eligible for certain opportunities.
- Use Interview Stream BEFORE coming into the office for a practice interview. The more preparation you have, the smoother it’ll go (even for practice).