It’s syllabus week of the spring semester and many of us are fighting the urge to just go back home, curl up in bed, and watch Pretty Little Liars on Netflix—or maybe that’s just me. Whether this is your second or last semester at Purdue (*tears if it’s your last*), it’s especially important to focus during this first week back and set a great tone for 2014! Now is the time to get a jump start on your post-graduation and summer internship plans.
To get you started, here’s a short checklist to kick off Spring 2014:
- Make a list of the top 5 companies you want to work for and research what it takes to make it at those companies (LinkedIn can be a great tool for this)
- Drop by the CCO to have your resume critiqued (Walk-ins are Monday-Friday 10am-4pm in Young Hall 132)
- Make an appointment to talk to a career counselor about your summer/future plans and goals
- Mark the upcoming career fairs in your planner so they don’t sneak up on you
- Update your LinkedIn Profile (Check out our LinkedIn Boot Camp for tips where to start)
Cheers to a great syllabus week and a great semester!