We are Gen Y and we are the future. But, is that a bad thing? Read these 10 facts and make your own judgement.
Gen Y Values
- 65% of Gen Y say losing their phone or computer would have a greater negative impact on their daily routine than losing their car [Zipcar]
- Gen Y is more tolerant of races and groups than older generations (47% vs 19%) [US Chamber of Commerce]
- 81% have donated money, goods, or services [Walden University & Harris Interactive]
- 48% of Gen Y who say word-of-mouth influences their product purchases more than TV ads. Only 17% said a TV ad prompted them to buy [Intrepid]
Gen Y Education
- Over 63% of Gen Y workers have a Bachelor’s Degree [Millennial Branding]
- Gen Y graduates have 1 trillion dollars in student debt [Bloomberg]
- Median salary across Gen Y is $39,700 [Millennial Branding]
Gen Y Career
- 54% either want to start a business or have already started one [Kauffman Foundation]
- 92% believe that business success should be measured by more than profit [Deloitte]
- 70% have “friended” their managers and/or co-workers on Facebook [Cisco]
To find out more interesting facts about our generation, look here.