- Identify your target job description
- What kinds of tasks (coding, writing, designing) could you see yourself enjoying?
- What kind of skills (web-design, C++, Java, visual communication) do you want to apply?
- Identify your target industries (e.g. Medical, Manufacturing, Software, Marketing, Fashion, Retail, Oil and Gas)
- Create a list of companies that you would like to work for. Job search is a continuous process until you accept a position, so keep adding to the list!
- Set up a weekly schedule of job search related activities, including:
- Companies to apply to during the week
- Networking activities, including career fairs, company presentations and career-related workshops
Identify Your Brand
- Develop your brand by learning about yourself. Think about:
- Who do you surround yourself with?
- What do you strive for in life?
- What do you want others to know about you?
- What would your close friends, family or professors/advisors say are your strengths?
- Craft your resumes and cover letters that emphasize your unique combination of skills and experiences.
One thought on “How to Set Up Your Job Search Plan”