Want to know what will really set you apart from other job candidates? A thank you email after your interview. Short thank you emails are a great way for you to remind the hiring manager that you are a good fit for the job. Read on to learn how to compose a strong thank you note.
- Set aside time to write a thank you note within 24 hours after the interview.
- Include “Thank You” in the subject line.
- Address the hiring manager.
- Thank them for taking the time out of their day to meet with you.
- Mention that you enjoyed talking to them.
- Include something you learned from the interview that makes you even more excited about the opportunity.
- Add additional thoughts on how you are a great fit and would add value to the position.
- Say you are looking forward to hearing from them regarding the next steps of the hiring process
- Close the email by using “Warm regards,” “Regards,” or “Sincerely.”
- Sign your name.
- In your email signature, include your email and phone number so it is easily accessible for the hiring manager.
Please note: This is not the time to write a lengthy email about how much you want the job. It is simply a way to show the interviewer that you respect their time and are excited about the opportunity.
Have additional questions? Stop by our drop-ins Monday-Friday 10am-4pm in Young 132 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.