Freshmen! Wondering where the best study locations are on campus? Well we have compiled a list of the top 5 best campus locations to pick up a book. No matter if you enjoy the hustle and bustle of background noise or the dead silence of a library, one of these locations is sure to become your next study spot!
- Hicks Underground Library: Of course this spot was going to make it on our list! Its lack of signal makes electronic distractions minimal and the large amount of tables makes group work a breeze. Not to mention, there’s a coffee shop inside that will keep you awake until the wee hours of the morning. For even less distraction, head down to the lower level. There are single cubicles and a lot less noise.
- HSSE Library: Another great study spot is HSSE. Located in the Stewart Center, HSSE has four floors of ample study space. The higher the floor, the quieter it gets! HSSE also has a ton of small study rooms that allow more privacy for group work.
- Loeb Fountain: For those of you that like to enjoy the great outdoors as you study, the benches around the Loeb Fountain are for you! The great thing about this location is that there are cement tables and benches built into the area around the fountain. And if getting sun burnt is a problem you worry about, don’t fret; most of the area is shaded by trees!
- Siegesmund Engineering Library: This library is definitely one of the smallest on our list but that’s what also makes it great! Tucked behind Potter, this small library is unknown by a lot of students. It’s quiet and quant atmosphere makes it one of my favorite spots to get away from the hustle and bustle of students. If you continue towards the back end of the library, you can also find private study rooms with chalk boards. A perfect spot for a last minute cram session!
- Engineering Fountain: Last but certainly not least, the engineering fountain is a wonderful study location to finish out our list! The grassy lawns will invite you to lay down a blanket, take a seat and flip open a book. If you enjoy studying in a louder, fast pace setting, then check this area out during the day. If you like a quieter atmosphere, then head over in the evening when classes have stopped.