Are you a student or recent graduate with a disability looking for a job/internship for the future? Apply NOW to the Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP).
What is the WRP program?
The WRP provides undergraduate and graduate students with disabilities in all fields of study the opportunity to market their abilities to a wide variety of potential employers, sharpen their interviewing skills during a personal meeting with a WRP recruiter, and gain valuable skills, experience, and contacts on the job. Purdue students who have participated in WRP in the past have received multiple offers for full time jobs and internships.
Applicants for the program must:
- have a disability, be a U.S. citizen, AND
- be enrolled at Purdue University on a substantially full-time basis (unless the severity of the disability precludes the student from taking a substantially full-time load) to seek a degree OR
- be enrolled at Purdue University as a degree-seeking student taking less than a substantially full-time load in the enrollment period immediately prior to graduation OR
- have graduated from Purdue University within the past year
How to apply:
- Attend a WRP Callout Informational Meeting: Monday September 19 and Tuesday September 20, 5:30 PM Young 268
- Create an account at www.wrp.gov by October 17, 2016
- Complete application on WRP website:
- Have your resume reviewed at the CCO, Young Hall 132 and upload it to your application
- Upload unofficial transcripts
- Upload Schedule A (suggested)
- Upload additional documents (optional)
- Attend an WRP Interview Skills Prep Session: Monday Oct. 17th and Tuesday Oct. 18th, 5:30pm Young 268
- Register with the Disability Resource Center, Young Hall 8th floor for accommodations and support, and to receive information about job/internship opportunities.
Short interviews will take place between October 27th and November 18th 2016 by phone. Companies can access your application for various positions for one year. WRP opens you up to multiple job and internship opportunities with just one application.
If you are an eligible student, contact Ali Mears email@example.com for questions or assistance creating your account.