Thinking about applying to medical school, dental school, or other professional program? Wondering if your GPA is competitive, if you have enough clinical hours, or what you should do this summer? Attend the Health Programs Expo! This is your chance to talk with admissions representatives of over 60 health professional programs including medical, dental, physicians assistant, physical and occupational therapy, optometry, public health, chiropractic, podiatry, pharmacy, nursing, veterinary medicine, post-baccalaureate programs, and more!
Why should I attend?
- To learn more about programs you might apply to in the future
- To talk to admissions reps about what you should be doing now to become a competitive applicant to their program
- To ask specific questions about concerns with your own application (GPA, aptitude test score, gap year, healthcare experience, prerequisite coursework concerns, etc.)
- To network with admissions reps
- To ensure the event continues for future Purdue pre-health students. Strong student turnout will encourage professional programs to return for future events.
- Get the scoop from current medical students and veterinary medicine students on what professional school is really like
- Visit the therapy dogs from Pets for People!
Do I need to wear a suit and bring a resume?
- No! This is an informational event, not a career fair. Come as you are.
- Do consider bringing a pen and notepad to make notes about the programs you discover.
Do I have to come for the entire event?
- No! Show up anytime between 2:00pm and 5:00pm. Stay as long as your schedule permits.
I’m a first year or second year student. Should I attend?
- Absolutely! It’s never too soon to learn about your options for professional school and to get advice directly from admissions representatives.
The Health Programs Expo will be held on Thursday, March 2, 2017 from 2-5PM in the PMU North and South Ballrooms. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.