Doctoral students at Purdue, have you begun exploring your post-PhD options?
One of the resources* to help you explore careers beyond academia is The Versatile PhD [VPhD], and The Graduate School and Center for Career Opportunities [CCO] are now offering you access to this wonderful resource! [Scroll down to see how you can sign up.]
VPhD is an online community dedicated to non-academic and non-faculty careers for PhDs in the humanities, social sciences, and STEM fields. Purdue’s membership gives students access to:
- Hiring Success Stories: these are detailed narratives about how individuals got a certain job, including information about their interview and the actual CV or resume and cover letter used for their successful job application.
- supportive and confidential discussion forums (including virtual panels of post-academic professionals)
- networking opportunities with graduate students and professionals (the Power Search is an advanced search option)
- local meetups of VPhD users
- access to social media platforms such as Twitter <@VersatilePhD> and LinkedIn <Versatile PhD>
So, how do you sign up? Easy.
- Click here to sign up for your very own myCCO account (this is the CCO’s online jobs portal). All you need is your PUID.
- Log into myCCO, and find the VPhD link on your myCCO Desktop. [Look in the Shortcuts menu on the bottom right of the page.]
- Click on the link to be redirected to the VersatilePhD.com website, where you can create your account. [Click the “JOIN NOW” button to register.] Now you’re ready to use this resource!
Any questions about setting up your myCCO account? Email <askCCO@purdue.edu>
Any questions about The Versatile PhD? Email <firstname.lastname@example.org>
*The CCO is another great resource on campus. We look forward to working with you on your career and professional development; reach out to us!