The “Workforce Recruitment Program” [WRP] provides current undergraduate and graduate students as well as recent graduates with disabilities the opportunity to apply for short-term and permanent positions within various Federal agencies. Sometimes, private companies with Federal contracts will also use the WRP to recruit well-qualified candidates.
Students in all fields of study are eligible to apply.
Applicants for the program must:
- have a disability, be a U.S. citizen, AND
- be enrolled at Purdue University on a substantially full-time basis (unless the severity of the disability precludes the student from taking a substantially full-time load) to seek a degree OR
- be enrolled at Purdue University as a degree-seeking student taking less than a substantially full-time load in the enrollment period immediately prior to graduation OR
- have graduated from Purdue University within the past year (students who graduated in April 2016 or later are eligible to apply)
There are two stages of the application:
- Attend a WRP Callout Informational Meeting: Monday, September 25 and Tuesday September 26, at 5:30 PM in YONG 268. You can attend either one of the two days. No RSVP needed to attend.
- Create a student account by October 17, 2017. Registrations are now open, so don’t wait until the last day to start your application! After you create your account, the WRP Campus Coordinator must approve your account for you to proceed. [Amruta will approve your account ASAP!]
- After your account has been approved, you need to complete your application:
- Upload your resume. [Get your resume reviewed during the CCO’s drop-in hours: 10 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday, YONG 132.]
- Upload unofficial transcripts
- Upload Schedule A (suggested)
- Upload additional documents (optional) such as a narrative or cover letter
- Attend an WRP Interview Skills Prep Session: Monday Oct. 23 OR Tuesday Oct. 24, at 5:30 PM in YONG 268. You can attend either one of the two days. No RSVP needed to attend.
- After your application is complete, you will be invited to a 30-minute interview with a Federal recruiter. After the interview, your application will be made available to interested employers for multiple positions for one year: Jan. to Dec. 2018. The WRP opens you up to multiple job and internship opportunities with just one application.
If you are an eligible student, contact Amruta Inamdar <email@example.com> with any questions about the WRP or if you need assistance with setting up your account.
Graduate students & postdocs: Follow @GradProfCareers for career exploration & professional development resources.